Ellsworth Adhesives partners with Resinlab and The Glue Factory to provide you with custom formulated adhesives, sealants, and potting systems to your specifications.
Resinlab, an Ellsworth Adhesives company, specializes in creating custom formulations for epoxy, polyurethane, acrylic/methacrylate, and cyanoacrylate systems. Our staff of Product Development Chemists and state-of-the-art laboratory facility enables us to provide solutions to industries including aerospace, defense, electronics, and transportation. Whether you have a small or large project, in need of a high-tech or low-tech formulation, we can provide you with a product that is cost effective and meets your design, manufacturing, and quality requirements.
Combined with our sister company, KitPackers, Resinlab can also provide you with custom packaging for your custom formulations.
- Toll blending your in-house formulations
- Product modification of color, viscosity, cure speed, hardness, and any other property you may need
- State of the art laboratory instrumentation that allows us to validate design parameters
- TA Instruments 2910 Differential Scanning Calorimeter that characterizes the thermal response of products. Exotherm, glass transition points, and melting points are among the key properties.
- Thermocouple Data Acquisition captures the reaction profile and exotherm of a curing polymer. This can be run at various ambient temperatures to show the effect of mass, geometry, and surrounding materials on heat generation and dissipation to assure low stress casting.
- MTS QTest 25 is a versatile physical tester used to measure a product’s tensile strength, elongation, compressive and flexural properties and adhesion to various materials.
- Nicolet Nexus 470 FT-IR is used to identify the chemical fingerprint of polymers.
- Use of Brookfield Viscometers: DV II + Thermosel Viscometer, DV III Ultra Thermosel Viscometer, RVT
The Glue Factory, an Ellsworth Adhesives company, develops and manufactures hot melt, pressure sensitive, water and solvent based adhesives utilizing a wide range of chemistries. Hot melt formulations are available in pellets, pillows, sticks, bricks, and pails.
The Glue Factory offers:
- Bulk hot melt adhesives for packaging and corrugated type applications
- Glue sticks and glue guns that support hot melt products in bulk
- Pressure sensitive hot melts
- Water-based, environmentally friendly adhesives and cohesives
- Custom formulations
- Toll blending
- Contract manufacturing
- Application assistance
Have questions regarding Resinlab or The Glue Factory custom formulations? Ask the Glue Doctor!